Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday 8 November 2010

More on Flux!



A relatively small number of exciting and internationally consequential things happen in Cambridge, least of all in the college where I live, Murray Edwards. But The Body in Women's Art Now, Part 2 Flux
is one of them and it deserves recognition. Our austere (and extremely cold) exhibition corridor somehow has the gravitas to make an exhibition which attempts to display, alongside an art historical and academic dialogue, the work of modern female artists.



Today I invigilated the exhibition and sat with four monoprints of Tracey Emin and a beautiful expressionistic Cecily Brown in my company. All of this just five minutes away from my bedroom. I counted three visitors this afternoon, that certainly doesn't do the exhibition justice and I hope the numbers will pick up.


A close up of Cecily Brown's work

No comments:

Post a Comment