Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 18 November 2010

It's about time we rediscovered the 90's

A whole decade has past, it is time to rediscover the nineties. All the horror I felt when I looked back at photos of what my mother was dressing me in has dissipated. There is nostalgia and comedy in those memories which convince me that times were better then.


I recently discovered a singer called Mazzy Star. It should probably be termed a 're-discovery' but I was far too young to discover her in the first place. The music is beautiful, like a glass of wine in a wintery warm room, it is just what I need. But the most interesting thing as you search through her videos on youtube are people's comments. All of these memories of being young and happy in the nineties. The nineties has finally gained enough perspective to have developed that golden hue. There was no recession then, no war. That's what everybody writes. Somewhere inside I believe them, why can't I have lived properly through the nineties?

I've got love for you if you were born in the 90's!

No comments:

Post a Comment